Saturday 15 February 2014

Where do you get your inspiration.

Hi, as you can see I have been playing around with colours on my blog, I know this is not the subject matter, but please give me your input. What do you think works and what doesn't work. Just leave a comment or message me please, I value your input.

Where do you get your inspiration?

A common question I am sure, I found this website that may help. 
http://www.dailywritingtips.com/category/fiction-writing/

writing tips writers helper offers a number of writing tips so your book will be the high quality
http://www.writershelper.com/writingtips.html

I get my ideas from (Redacted) It's that spark I'm looking for to ignite the thoughts in my head. Then the idea or word runs around my head like a thing possessed gathering momentum until a story starts to form. As I write it down on my computer by hands take over as the brain runs riot as my fingers fly across the keyboard and before I know it the first draft has been done. I then leave it for a few days or so then re read and re write until it runs. This does not work for everyone, what works for you?

Often I wake up in the middle of the night, no not in a cold sweat that only happens in films, me thinks.
Sometimes my brain wakes my body up at 3 am, that's when I put my bedside lamp on and blind my self in the processes, after blinking several times I grab my trusted pen then drop it as my hand is still waking up.
With pen and paper at the ready and the thoughts trying to escape out of my head and normally without my glasses on I just write. In the morning I try and make sense of what I have written, it quite often changes as I make sense of it.

Do you have websites you always look at? 
For instance do you use an obituary list for names of characters?
Do you use social security lists for names?

One of my stories I wrote in the high street, I was standing outside the store / shop for my other half to come out, (woman's clothes shop, not my scene) sorry I was laughing at my own comments, where was I, ho yes. I was standing outside the shop, I was watching someone else doing the same across the road, they were people watching. That was it, my mind was racing so much that I had to write it down, all I had was my mobile / cell phone. It's so hard typing with just your thumbs. 
(I don't know how the teenagers do it. I like to use all my fingers and thumbs.) 

The story was started, when I got home I retyped it then let my fingers run riot on the keyboard.
This method works for me when I'm doing flash fiction, my stories are normally run from 55 words to 1,500. (Only the 900 - 1.500 are in my two books.)


Please let me know what works for you, comment or message me.


No comments:

Post a Comment