Tuesday 11 February 2014

My two books cut and past links.

Eight bites of life goo.gl/2gFGM8

I enjoyed these short stories immensely and consumed the lot in one sitting. Robbie, the very clever and surprising rabbit was very entertaining, and the quirky way it's written adds an element of mischief, much like Robbie's character. Two other stories are linked, and tell the story of Lewis and Phoebe, two children who's tale should be tragic, but is written from a perspective of optimism and positivity. It's a charming read, and I particularly enjoyed the antics of the ball-stealing pigeons! I think these two shorts would make a great serialisation for the 'afternoon read' brigade, especially with the grandparents as guardians element. These three stories I enjoyed the most, the others showing the diversity of the authors writing approach. A very good read.

Eight short stories of life. 

Below is a review. 

This writer has always fascinated me so this small anthology is a welcome addition to my collection. I have heard Barry read some of his stories and it doesn't matter what the subject his descriptive verve and attention to detail keeps the interest going and makes the reader want to know what comes next. If these stories are an example of his 'beginnings' then the future looks good for Barry T Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment