Friday 4 April 2014

Famous authors last words.

Well this week we have famous last words by authors.

What would you like ‘your’ famous last words to be?



Sir James Matthew "J.M" Barrie (1860-1937)'I can't sleep'


                                               Ernest Hemmingway.     
                                             ‘Good night my kitten’                                   
                                            Spoken to his wife before he killed himself.




                               George Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron -- 
                                         Lord Byron (1788-1824)
                                  'Now I shall go to sleep. Goodnight'






                              Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (1860-1904)
                            'It's a long time since I drank champagne'





                                         Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
                                                    ‘On the ground’
                                  He suffered a stroke outside his home and was 

                                                asking to be laid on the ground.



                                    Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
                                           'Lord, help my poor soul'


                                  George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Sister... 'you're trying to keep me alive as an old curiosity, but I'm done,                                           I'm finished, I'm going to die'



                          Mark Twain -- Samuel Langhorne Clemens (1835-1910)
                                          'Goodbye. If we meet...'


                           Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)
'I can't go on spoiling your life any longer. I don't think two people could have been happier than we have been. V.'
Suffering from depression, Woolf concluded a suicide note she left for her husband with these words before drowning herself in a river near the couple's home.



                                              Jane Austen.
                                   ‘I want nothing but death’



                                                                      H.G Wells
                                    ‘Go away, I’m all right’


                         Now you have had time to think                           about it, what would your final
                                words be?




No comments:

Post a Comment