Sunday 23 March 2014

Hi everyone.

I call this my inspire blog, below I have quotes from famous writers print off one of these of one of your one with a photo and place it in a frame on your writing desk or writing area.

I’m not famous (yet) but here is my quote.

‘To have a great book is not enough unless enough people read it and like it.’


                                                Barry T Martin 
                                     (I’m not the cat, that's Garfield)

“When you sit down to write, write. Don't do anything else except go to the bathroom, and only do that if it absolutely cannot be put off.”

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” 


                                                Stephen King.  
  
‘What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.’


                                 J.D Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage—as long as you edit brilliantly.


“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.” 


Neil Gaiman

I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.



It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn’t give it up because by that time I realised I WAS too famous.


                                                   Robert Benchley 

Any man who keeps working is not a failure. He may not be a great writer, but if he applies the old-fashioned virtues of hard, constant labour, he’ll eventually make some kind of career for himself as writer.

                                                     A. A. Milne

“You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.” 


You could always find a photo of your own writer, if they are not with us anymore there writings should always live on in their memory.

Until next week.

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment