Friday 7 March 2014

Do I follow in family writing footsteps?

This is me and Garfield doing our very first 'selfie' he choose to look away while I had my serious face on.

Do I follow in my family foot steps as a writer, of course 'I DO,' ok I made that bit up, but that's what I do make things up.

My father worked in transport with buses and so did my grandfather on my fathers side, on my mothers side my grandfather worked in news papers ensuring that there were no spelling mistakes before the paper went to print. Not an editor but a corrector of spelling, so that is the closes to writing in my family.

My grandaughter Phoebe who is only 10  years old does like story writing but I think she may of got that from me. I used to get into trouble for making stories up when I was at school, I once told my teacher that my homework had been eaten by our dog and I was more upset than her as I had spend all evening doing it and it was now all chewed up and had been thrown away by my parents. Of course that was all a lie and in fact I had totally forgot to do it as it was the summer and I was out playing in the street as you did back in the day. (1970's)

I remember when I was a bit naughty and went climbing on some old building roof then fell right through the roof, don't worry, I didn't hurt myself. I fell on to some old rubbish that was laying around on the floor it broke my fall. The building was mainly full of rubbish and empty rooms, I let my friend in unbolting the door, we started playing in the empty rooms, then I had an idea, I thought it would be a good fun to tell my friend that when I fell in I could swear that I saw a pile of notes on top of the toilet roof. This toilet was situated in the corner of the room, the only way to get on top of the toilet was to climb up the pipes that were attached to the wall. Yes you guessed it, he started to climb up these pipes onto the roof of the toilet only to discover that they were old new papers. Feeling disappointed he started to climb back down but that's when he put his foot on the tap and it snapped off, the pipes were water pipes and the tap was a water tap. The water started to gushing quickly out onto the floor and flood the place. We made a quick exit and ran in different directions......

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment