Thursday 11 September 2014

Where do you think?

September 2014

Wow were did that last month go?

I love to walk to 'think' I problem solve or think about what to write for a story or how to get around a problem with my character.

I read the other day that Wordsworth was a walker, according to a this magazine I read that Charles Dickens use to walk at night and it was thought that he could walk up to about 20 miles per night.

I wonder if he used to walked across fields or in streets with gas lamps lighting the way?

Virginia Woolf walked for inspiration as did George Orwell and many others, and I thought that I was the only one.

The BBC report quoted Geoff Nicholson author of The Lost Art of Walking, 'I do believe once you get the blood flowing through the brain it does start working more creatively.'

Perhaps it is the fresh air or not as the case maybe, I know when I have walked too far as my Jack Russell 'George' looks up at me and with those eyes that say, 'can we go home yet?'

I have always walked to think even as a child I always walked, not to get from A to B but to take in the air and to see the wonderful countryside.

I grew up near a river called the 'River Lea' I enjoyed walking along this river seeing the people that were fishing, not that is boring in my view. I walked past two or three locks and through the gates that crossed the railway near my school where I went.

Just thinking about were I grew up I THINK that I would like to visit that place again, it is only 70 miles away from where I live now. I don't miss the people but the countryside.

I did a lot of thinking when I was a child, I only wish I did a lot of writing then as I had lots of ideas as a child.

We did not have a computers when I was growing up, as my spelling and writing was not that good when I was young. IF we had computers then I think I may of been a best seller by now. WHO knows?



No comments:

Post a Comment